Last week went SO WELL! I was truly impressed with how adaptable and responsible students were. There were very few reminders or redirects that students needed to be given regarding their face coverings! It felt really good to have students and teachers back in the building!
A few important reminders as we start our first full week of school:
- School starts at 8:00 and dismisses at 3:00.
- The doors will open at 7:35, which is when we have adult supervision. Please do not drop your student off earlier than this time. If you have a very unique situation, please contact the grade level administrator. At the end of this week, we will start contacting families of students who are coming consistently earlier than 7:35.
- Lanyards & Barcode Scanners: Students were provided lanyards with a barcode scanner. This is how they will purchase breakfast and lunch this year. (see picture below). We have been reminding students at the end of each day to put the lanyard into their chromebook bag so that they do not forget it at school or home. Can you please ask your student if their lanyard is in their chromebook bag?
- If they never received one, we will address this on Tuesday (see below).
- If they lost it, we have made back-ups that we will keep at school.
- Missing Materials: Last week, we gave each student a pencil pouch and a whiteboard. 6th and 7th graders also received a water bottle. 8th graders will receive their water bottles tomorrow. On Tuesday, we will have students complete a survey regarding any materials that they did not receive and will do our best to ensure that they get all the materials that they need. (see pic below)
- Important to note: The 7th and 8th grade water bottles are NOT dishwasher safe.
- Building-Wide Expectations: Last week, every student viewed this 25 minute video regarding our expectations for how to operate in school amidst this global pandemic. Feel free to review it as well!
- Cougar Den (CLC After School Program) starts on Monday: It starts right after school and ends at 5:30 pm. Please make sure to pick up your student(s) by this time as it will allow our staff to sanitize our areas on-time. Please make sure you have filled out the enrollment form for your student(s)! It’s very important to fill out the enrollment form as it has our waiver in order for your student(s) to participate. Students who do NOT have this form filled out, will not be allowed to attend CLC. Also, please help your student(s) fill out their 1st quarter club registration form! Both forms can be found on our CLC page at www.culler.lps.org/clc If you have any questions about CLC or the forms, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s have a great week!